Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Songs

I heard this song on the radio on the way home today. It's been a while since I've heard it. I really like it, and it got me thinking.


just to see you smile, I'd do anything that you wanted me to...
when you said time was all you really needed
I walked away and let you have your space
leaving didn't hurt me near as badly
as the tears I saw rolling down your face ...

yesterday I knew just what you wanted
when you came walking up to me with him
so I told you that I was happy for you
and given the chance I'd lie again
just to see you smile

That's love, isn't it. Wanting the best for the other person, even when that means stepping away. Not even thinking about yourself. Sacrificial. Selfless.
I don't really know if I can do that. It seems to make for a good story but a painful life.

My adventures on YouTube looking for that other one brought me upon this one. Aah, early-90s Country from my childhood. (This is even the original video!)
Confession: I love this song. I think it's hilarious. I bet you never would have guessed.

Confederate Railroad, Trashy Women

Browsing around on YouTube inspires me to pick up my guitar again. It's been a while. Maybe when school is finished. In the meantime, there's plenty of other things that need my time.

No comments:

Post a Comment