Although I'm leaving behind the opportunity for good community at school, there is hope that I will still have opportunities for goodness around me. Here are some glimpses of that that I have tried to notice, especially at work:
11/21/07 Walking in to work to shop on a day off, on an awful day for me. Seeing Jim leaving as I walk in. "You're not working today? You're not a boss right now? Well then I can give you a hug!" Getting a hug from Jim, even though he didn't know that I really needed it. Enjoying flirty friendship with non-creepy men who are at least twice my age.
12/07 Brandon squeezing my arm as he walks by at work. Scott leaning onto me. I think he thinks he's bothering me, but I like the attention.
12/02/07 Bringing cookies to share with my coworkers after carts are done. People enjoying them and complimenting me.
12/22/07 Stepping out to dance in the middle of the circle at the Christmas party. Feeling like "I can be who I truly am here."
12/22/07 Katie. How I enjoy having her around.
12/23/07 My manager Gary following up after he heard I'd had a bad encounter with another manager. Hearing he respects (and loves?) me, and admires how I've balanced work with school. Knowing I am valued and thought well of.
12/08 Friendship with Perry. How we go to movies and he fills my need for attention. How he considers my friendship worthwhile.
01/03/08 People bringing me Starbucks. Katie. Kim. Nadia.
01/08 The girls at the desk being glad that I was the one doing their audit one day. "We like her, because she takes care of us."
01/09/08 Visiting Katie and going out for coffee. Having a great conversation, and wishing it could last longer and happen more often.
01/13/08 Being part of a girl talk with Lizz and Dana after we got off work.
02/09/08 Lizz giving me excited hugs at work when she saw me.
02/14/08 Going to dinner theatre with Patrick, as friends. Getting to know him more. Having him tell me, "I love talking to you."
02/16/08 Going for dinner with Katie and Nadia. Spending six hours together, chatting. Hearing them say that everyone at work loves me. Continuing to set a precedent of hanging out with girls from work, and working on revealing glimpses of what's beneath the surface.
03/08 Friendship with Trevor and our conversations about faith.
03/12/08 Finding out I'll have a forced vacation, and wondering what I'm going to do if I don't go to work. Weird!
03/14/08 Scott picking me up and carrying me out of the break room.
03/15/08 Another dinner with Katie and Nadia. Being myself and discovering myself around them. Plans to visit Katie at school.
03/25/08 Everyone saying they're glad I'm back.
03/29/08 Nadia baking and bringing some specifically for me.
03/30/08 Our 2 year anniversary party. How I got to spend time with my coworkers in their world - how I'm not afraid to do that anymore. How Steve bowled with me, and Bryan said he's not surprised I've never gotten into a fight because I'm the nicest person ever, and how Aaron told me I'm so cool and invited me to come to his cabin sometime.
04/06/08 Attending Trevor's baptism. Being glad that I can be part of his life.
04/08 How Shannon cared enough to find me a grad dress.
05/08 How people are back for the summer, including Katie. And me.
05/18/08 Having a really good talk with Justin while doing RTVs and go backs.
Sunday, April 27, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment