So, I am good at leaving everything until the last minute.
I have a final in seven hours. And I haven't studied yet. And I don't really understand the subject - I really needed to study. But I was too busy trying to write my Greek paper, which was supposed to be due last week but which I got extended until tomorrow. And then I didn't work on it until, um, now. And I probably should sleep tonight too. I'm not sure how this will all turn out.
Aah, the end of the semester crunch.
It's hard to remind myself that I'm not done yet - that I still need to finish up these things. My thesis really took a lot out of me, and I didn't have much homework energy left after that. Plus, I thought I had a lot of time to recover after my thesis was due before I had to get going on the other final papers, but really I didn't.
I find myself just thinking of resigning myself to doing a bad job on these things, or maybe even not doing them at all. One class I'd definately still pass, and the other one I don't need. But... I care too much about my GPA to do that, and I feel like finishing things is a matter of self-respect.
Soon it will be done. Hopefully it won't be done too badly.
Update (04/23/08): So my exam wasn't nearly as bad as I had feared. And my paper got done. It was a little on the late side, and it wasn't great, but it is done. (Actually, as I printed it out I thought about all the requirements that I was falling short on.) But, done is almost as good as done well. Now all my homework is done for this semester! It feels weird to think that I'm finished.
Wednesday, April 23, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment