Thursday, April 3, 2008

A Bridge Mix of Thoughts

After five days, the paper cut on my thumb finally stopped hurting!

I went to Starbucks for an hour to work on my thesis there, and I got lots done! I've been home now for an hour, and I've gotten nothing done. Considering how many hours I have put into it over the past few days, how many hours I have left to put into it over the next few days, and how far I've gotten, it's going to be a real crunch to get it all done on time. Help, Lord? I kinda wish I had chosen a different topic. Something that's not endless.

So I watched I Am Legend with my Mom a few weeks ago, and now I am slightly afraid of zombies, especially when I'm turning out the lights.

I like eating rice cakes. But I'm kind of embarassed about that because of their bad reputation as tasteless diet food. They actually come in pretty amazing flavors, though - like caramel and white cheddar! And I like the crispy styrofoam texture. But I don't think most people agree, and so I don't often talk about my fondness for rice cakes.

On the same note, I hesitate to tell people that I drink SlimFast. I guess it is fair that they assume I am drinking SlimFast in order to get slim, fast, and I agree that that's not what I need. But that's not why I drink it. When I find I'm not eating well enough, I supplement my diet with SlimFast for the vitamins. The lack of eating is a cause, not a result. Plus, it makes me drink more milk, and I think it tastes pretty good. The vanilla flavor that I bought recently tastes exactly like vanilla ice cream (but I usually make it half strength so it's less intense). I think that drinking SlimFast is a smart choice for me considering what the surrounding circumstaces sometimes are, but it usually takes a lot of explaining to make people understand that. So I just avoid talking about it.

1 comment:

  1. try ensure... it's actually meant as a supplement for people who can't/don't eat solid food. which means it has fats as well as vitamins, i think.

    maybe you should only work at starbucks... :-)

    can we chat tonight?

    ReplyDelete