Although we've been part of each other's lives for seven months now, spending two and a half weeks straight together is different than seeing each other for a few hours two, maybe three, times a week. There is something I should maybe tell you about myself before we head into this.I wanted to say this to them. It was part (well, most) of my "tour coping strategy" - to find support among the group that I will be with. But asking for that opportunity got really hard. I tried to bring it up with one of the chaplains, but I finally noticed that every time I mentioned it she got really cold. That hurt, and that made me not want to share with anyone else... but by then I figured I had already kinda gotten the ball rolling.
I have a depression problem. It really affects my relationship with God, and it also affects my relationships with people. It makes things like tour hard for me. I just wanted to tell you guys because I want you to know me, because we say we're a family, and because I don't want to have to feel like it's a secret when we're on tour together.
Today in choir we had some "talk about tour" time. I thought this might include my chance to share, and I shivered through most of it. But it was more like announcements than sharing, and so I didn't have a good chance to say what I needed to. I don't know if I'm disappointed or relieved. It seemed like a really good and a really bad idea to let them know where I'm at, who I am.
No comments:
Post a Comment