I came home for the "weekend" to see Mom and a friend. It was my friend's birthday and I never did make it to the post office to mail her a gift, and it has been too long since I've seen her anyways, so I figured it was time for a visit.
My friend and I hung out today. I went over to her place and made sure her baby didn't fall off the counter while she worked on a craft project with another friend, and then when the other person left we just chatted and caught up on each other's lives. Oh yeah, and I learned that I'm not the queen of changing diapers. It turned out alright, but I'm definitely not pro. Which is fine right now.
My time with my Mom is a little scattered. She had a conference last night, so I saw her for a bit after that when I got here. Then today she had the conference all day and a Christmas party tonight. So I saw her for a bit between the two events, and we'll see if I stay up until she gets home. Tomorrow we'll go out for brunch together before I head home and before she heads to yet another Christmas party.
Home. I use that word to mean both here and there. Mom used it (referring to me) to mean here, but then corrected herself. And really, this doesn't feel much like home. Too much has changed, and I have built my own life.
I have been so so very tired today. I'm trying to figure out why I'm always so tired when I'm here...
- the drive makes me tired
- I guess I don't sleep well in an unfamiliar bed?
- being allergic to the cat certainly doesn't help
- there's a lot of social effort involved in trying to be interesting and happy with people for long periods of time, and that wears me out
Friday, November 14, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment