Crystal Shawanda
What Do I Have To Do
There's passion, feeling, truth.
It makes me pensive, though.
It reminds me of my parents.
Not of anything I remember from their relationship, just of the stories I heard.
Around their first anniversary (I think that's what she said), my Dad just stopped talking to my Mom. Not as in he only spoke about surface matters and wouldn't go deep - he wouldn't say anything to her. Not a word. Not even a greeting when he came home from work. And she begged and pleaded with him to tell her what was wrong, to tell her if she had done something, to tell her how she could make it better. Nothing. She was becoming a wreck. It lasted about a month, and then all the sudden he snapped out of it. She never got an explanation.
How hard is it just to have a simple conversation?
To tell me all about how your long day at work went?
For me to get through to you, what do I have to do?
It kinda sucks to re-realize my parents' marriage was crap.
No wonder she eventually got around to saying, "It's over."
Credits: YouTube
No comments:
Post a Comment