I was scared to go. There's been a bit of a hiatus from church again, and I kinda fell of the face of the earth where Nick is concerned. I slept in one week so I didn't even call him about going to church (and he didn't call me either). Then I was away for Thanksgiving, then the next week I was in Ontario, then I worked on Sunday morning for the next few weeks. Now here we are. I have the day off, and woke up on time. I texted Nick, saying sorry for being incommunicato and telling him I'd be coming to church today. I heard back from him five hours later, after church was long over. So I was there alone. I sat alone. Near the door. And felt kinda awkward.
I don't really believe a lot of what they say. "Really? Is that an essential part of the Christian message, or just a possible application to a particular situation? Maybe it's true in a certian context, but always, for everyone? For me?" I guess it's possible that a different church could be better (I didn't choose this one based on its teaching, after all), but I don't even know what it is I want to hear, what I would agree with.
I'll probably be working Sundays for the next many weeks. So I won't be back for a while.
Sunday, November 9, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment