Saturday, August 30, 2008

Burgundy is for Breaking Up

I found myself wearing break-up clothes today. My brown hoody, a mens small that is huge on me, which I bought after I broke up with my last boyfriend because I wanted to have a guy's sweater to wear without having to have a guy. Dark jeans and a burgundy t-shirt, just like what I wore the day after my second last boyfriend broke up with me and it rained. Although these are different jeans and a different t-shirt (because that was six years ago), and although I really like the combination and burgundy is a great color, I associated it with breaking up when I put it on today. And the strange part is that I thought about that.

Who am I breaking up with now? God?

Maybe it's okay? Maybe the breaking is breaking into a new phase of my relationship with God? Maybe it's growth? The chick can't hatch unless the egg shell breaks.
I hope that's the right interpretation. I feel like I can never be sure.

I saw this card in a store and bought it for myself:

No comments:

Post a Comment