Katie and Trevor both moved to the same city to go to school, and I've been promising them that I'll come visit. Next weekend (not this coming one, but the one after) seemed ideal - I'm off Sun and Mon, and I'm working Sat morning so I can come after work and spend Sat evening with them too. But unfortunately they're both coming home that weekend, so they won't be there for me to visit. I thought about going the weekend after, but Katie won't be there and I'm not sure that I'll have Mon off. Maybe I should just wait until Oct? But Oct will be busy for me, and my days off probably won't be on the weekend so that's less ideal since they're in school. So I started thinking about this weekend (even though it's also less ideal because I have a later shift on Sat)...
...Until I checked the mail yesterday. I got a letter from an out-of-town friend, letting me know among the chatter that they're having a first birthday party for her son this Sun and I am welcome if I want to come. I don't think she expects me to take her up on the invitation because she'll expect I'll be working - she won't even know I'm off. It was sweet of her to invite me anyway. And when I first read her letter I thought, "Yeah, I'm off! I'll totally come!" But... what about Katie and Trevor?
I think I'd rather hang out with Katie and Trevor. But I feel the obligation to take up my other friend's offer. I'm afraid if I don't visit them now I never will. But I also promised to try to come see her every month or so, and I guess if I don't see her now it may be quite a while until I find another chance. I guess I could go visit her on one of the other weekends, while the other guys are busy... But then I won't make it for the birthday party. She would probably never know that I could have come - she'll just think I was working - but what if she does find out? I feel like my decision is a vote for one friendship and against the other.
I'm not sure what to do. But I need to decide quick because it's four days away and I need to let people know my plans.
Update 09/12/08: I'm going to visit Katie and Trevor. They're free and I can visit my other friend another weekend.
Tuesday, September 9, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Go with the BD. The other's aren't around this weekend. So...plan for a different month like Nov!
ReplyDelete