Tonight at work there was some debate about whether "flirtatious" is actually a word. I sided with Anson against Kurt: "Of course it is!" But I came home and looked it up on Dictionary.com anyways. Yup, there it is: Flirtatious: given or inclined to flirtation; full of playful allure. Then I followed some related links and ended up coming across this hilarious blog: Awkward Things I Say To Girls. It's well written and oh so funny. I think it reminds me of Donald Miller and Relient K. And it's written by someone named Justin, which is always a good thing and which makes me wonder about my fondness for Justins.
The Dictionary.com Word of the Day was also a good one: Evanescent: liable to vanish or pass away like vapor; fleeting. That seems descriptive of so much.
Today at work my "babysitter" called in sick (but she warned me yesterday that she might, so it wasn't a shock) and I also forgot my cheat sheets at home (again), but although I was on my own I did everything really well! I even got out early! Hooray! I think I need to watch my work ethic, though, when no one else is monitoring me. I still only deserve so many breaks.
Part of my job right now is answering phones (an unfortunate part), and tonight someone called looking for a different department. He said they weren't answering, so I took a message and walked it over to them. Then on my way back I ran into a friend who was shopping! That was amazing timing - I came out just at the right time when he was there! He's the kind who's not afraid to show affection, so he gave me like seven (great) hugs, and when I asked about his girlfriend after he touched my hand he said she's doing awesome, and then he blew me a kiss as I went back to work, and before he left he gave me one final hug and said he loves me. And somehow that's okay from him, and it's okay to say "I love you" back to him even though as a rule I don't say love to boys. Running into him was a hilight of my day.
Friday, September 12, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
i just finished reading "awkward things..." the entire blog.
ReplyDeleteseriously? i can't even pretend i regret the hours invested in that activity.