Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Contact

Hi Michelle,
I was curious if you had any free evenings in the next week or two, where you would be able to come over to my place for dinner and possibly a movie. I have this foreign film I’ve been meaning to watch for quite some time, but have never done so as that was always something we did together. That, and there’s a few things I’d like to tell you. So, let me know if/when you’re free, and if you’re up to hanging out.
Later, the Ex-Boyfriend


I'm curious. I wonder what he wants to tell me. The possibilities run through my mind...
- he wants to get back together
- he wants to yell at me for ruining his life
- he wants to tell me about some personal growth or revelations
- he wants to tell me he's getting married
- he wants to apologize for the way our relationship turned out


That must have been a hard email for him to write. I responded saying "Sure!" (haha, because that's what I seem to say to all guys.) I asked if we could wait until after my thesis is due, though, so it won't happen for a couple weeks. But I'm not exactly looking forward to this. I'll still go and try to be gracious as a kindness to him, but... It's been almost two years, and I haven't regreted breaking up for a day. The last time I really talked to him was five or six months ago, and that conversation was so draining that I realized it would be okay if I didn't talk to him much anymore. I don't like being reminded of what it used to be like. I wonder what it will be like this time.


If he wants to get back together, I need to graciously say no. If he wants to yell at me for ruining his life, I need to leave quickly. If he wants to share something about himself, I need to listen graciously. If he's getting married, I need to be happy for him (but I don't think he has any prospects). If he wants to apologize for the way our relationship turned out, I need to be prepared to honestly do the same, and I think that would be the hardest for me.

1 comment:

  1. i'm sure he didn't actually sign the message that way, but i'm giggling at the thought of him doing so!
    i'm curious, too. this is very interesting, indeed.

    ReplyDelete