Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Approaching the Airport

I left finding a ride to the airport until the last minute. My flight left at 7:00 AM, and it seemed like all my friends are either not morning people or are already at work by that time. Some guys at work wanted to hang out, and the plans that one of them suggested would end us up near the airport so I though I could maybe just ask them to drop me off there when we were done hanging out. I figured I would just get there super super early. But then I ran into a friend who lives near me and works with WestJet, and he was going to work at the time when I needed to be at the airport, so he offered me a ride. That was sweet of him, and he was going that way anyways, so I took him up on it. Thanks for the ride, Friend.

He didn't just give me a ride, he waited while I was ten minutes late because I'd left my phone on silent and didn't realize he was downstairs waiting for me. He brought me coffee! He carried my bag for me, and saw me right to the proper line-up. I appreciated these kindnesses.

We don't see each other much anymore, so it was neat to have an opportunity to reconnect on the drive. The convesation took an interesting turn as we merged onto the highway, though. I asked about his girlfriend, and her meeting his family. He said they really liked her, and I interjected, "What's not to like?" He agreed, and then he said, "You're like that too. Everyone would like you." Wait - - comparing me to the girlfriend, when nothing in the context called for it?! I'm not sure what to think about that. It's probably nothing; he's probably just being complimentary. I guess that's the best thing to assume.

No comments:

Post a Comment