I find it interesting how different airports have different security emphases.
- Every time I flew out of Idaho I saw the sign forbidding any locks on checked baggage, because they would search it all. And as I went through security, they made me take off my shoes each time so they could swab them.
- Leaving Alberta, they were very suspicious of my (plastic) recipe box filled with (paper) Greek vocab cards. My bag went through the x-ray twice, and then they inquired about it. I have also caused difficulties by having a lot of bobby pins in my carry-on here.
- In Ontario, they feel very strongly about having the small approved bottles of liquids/gels in a plastic bag. I read about this, so I already had my mini lotion and two lip glosses in a baggie, but I didn't worry about the one in my pocket. I was waiting for my bag to come through when I nonchalantly pulled my lip gloss out of my pocket and put some on. I heard the security officer say to someone, "Can you grab a bag for that lady's cream?" What? That lady? My lip gloss? "You should have given that to him," she reprimanded me as she gave me a special bag for it. They feel strongly about this!
On the topic of Greek: I haven't touched my vocab since last spring, but out of the three hundred and some words we learned in our first year, there were only 24 I didn't get! Second year vocab didn't go nearly as well, but still I am encouraged to have not forgotten it all.
Tuesday, October 21, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment