Friday, June 27, 2008

Nostalgia

I shopped at my favorite grocery store yesterday. I like it because when you walk in it kinda feels like an open air market, and it's open late. It used to be so close to my house; now the nearest one is an hour and a half away from me. Revisiting this grocery store reminded me of the time of my life when I shopped there regularly. It was brand new back then. I once stopped in there after work to buy polysporin. Another time I found bulk cherry pie filling there and I made Megan a pie. I bought watermelon there to bring to Inid's potluck wedding. They used to have an easy "donate money to the food bank" option. The warehouse-pack aisle feels especially like home to me. Memories. The past is always a little bittersweet.

Today we went to the store where I used to work. That was really strange. Lots of things are just a little bit different than the one I'm at now, and it just felt really foreign to me (even though I spent more time working there than I have where I am now). Plus, around every corner I kept expecting to see the people I currently work with. The experience showed me that the store I'm at now has become home to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment