Thursday, June 5, 2008

(none)

I busily and happily made it through my days off this week! I had two lunch dates and two dinner dates which filled up my time wonderfully well. I pretty much ate all my meals with other people. Yesterday I went out twice, and today I had people over twice. And having people over gave me the motivation to clean my house and do my laundry finally! It feels good to be social. And it was nice to connect with some more periphery friends (as well as a central friend).

I talked to my friend today, the one who is separating from her husband. Although I was her first choice as she seeks a place to stay, I'm not her only option. She already has a temporary solution, and she is expecting that it will be quite a long time so she wants more privacy than I can offer with my couch. But we're planning to go for coffee next week. She needs all the support she can get.
He cheated on her. She found out a few months ago, and he promised her the affair was over but it wasn't. He's not doing anything to earn back her trust. Their marital counsellor told her that his angry, controlling nature gives their relationship the atmosphere of abuse. She is loyal to him because she still takes her wedding vows seriously, but she wisely sees that she needs to set boundaries so that he will see that he can't just walk all over her and he needs to change.
...Jesus?

No comments:

Post a Comment