I've come to learn which songs he plays for and which he sings for so I know when to vacate his spot.
And he'll never notice.
Anyway.
**********
I'm not honest with them. Not that I'm dishonest, but I am not completely honest. There is much I don't share. I could count on one hand (almost) the number of people in this group who I would say really know me. I don't know if it could be any other way. I don't know if another way would be better.
This does not feel like community to me.
Four plus years at achool, where my greatest boon has been learning about and experiencing community, and I am still left empty and ignorant.
And I don't have much confidence in what seems to await me in the next phase of my life.
**********
I'm getting to the point of tour where I just don't care so much about building friendships, or feeling awkward about not building friendships. It'll be over soon anyways. Not caring means not hurting when it feels like I am falling short.
Anyways? I can't.
**********
I finished reading Hind's Feet on High Places and I really liked it. I'm not sure how true of an allegory it paints, and I feel like my life does not follow that path, but it was beautiful and inspirational nonetheless.
Now I am on to The Autobiography of Madame Guyon. The edition I have isn't very good in the sense that it is not well edited; there are probably four times more commas than there need to be and that gets a little frustrating. But once I get past that it's really interesting. So far I've been reading about her early life, and I like her insights into parenting that come out of what she lacked.
"We glorify God most when we prevent what may offend Him."
Friday, May 9, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
You're almost home! I'm looking forward to meeting with you. Safe journeys!
ReplyDelete