One thirty in the morning. Not a soul in sight.
Sitting on my balcony. It's beautiful out tonight. Twenty-five still? I love summer right now. And I don't think the mosquitos can find me here. That or it's dark enough that I just don't see them.
Peace. Waiting.
I've been doing that a lot lately, or trying to at least - waiting. I recently heard something about taking time for prayer standing in contrast to our super busy, always-on-the-run society, and I liked that. I also read something about silence a few weeks ago that inspired me to take time most days to just sit and be quiet and... wait. Not for anything in particular, perhaps just for God, though I don't know what that would look like. I realized that I want to be the kind of person who nurtures my soul, and I felt like this contributes to that. (But I've skipped it for the last few days, so perhaps this habit has already run its course.)
My Dad is going to come and visit me tomorrow! He's passing by on his way to visit Oma, and he'll stop in here for ice cream and soda or something before I go to work. I'm looking forward to that. Not that I expect our time together to be great, but I like every little way that he says "I want to be a part of your life," and visiting him just makes me too sad to be worth the effort right now. Plus, it gave me a reason to clean up my place (er, most of my place).
That's the thing about messiness and laziness. It's hard to clean unless you feel like you have a reason to do so, like someone coming over. But you avoid having people over because it's messy. But then you never have a reason to clean. It's nice when something happens to break that cycle. Maybe I can make it last...
I've have the last four days off. Tues was a stat, and I wanted Mon off so I took a vacation day, and then I had my two regular days off. I didn't realize that would add up to four days away from work, and I was a little apprehensive about filling the time. But it was good. I had a Blitz Barbecue, a meeting with the ex, a phone call from a friend, a movie afternoon, and a nap, plus I got some reading and crocheting done. And I feel better at the end of it. I've gone home to visit Mom for my days off the past two weeks, so it was nice to just spend some time at home here.
I've noticed lately that when I don't need to get up for anything, I tend to sleep for ten hours. So I figured I should try to give myself that even when I do have to get up at a certain time. It's not going to happen tonight, but I had a ridiculously long nap today so hopefully whatever I get will be enough. I am going to bed.
Adieu. Goodnight.
Friday, July 4, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment