Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Nadina

Tonight after work I went out for slush with a coworker friend, and then we sat in the park and talked for three hours. We talked about work and school and relationships and God and depression. It was good.

She said she has had a crisis of faith because of the judgementalism of the church. I told her that I could understand that, and I shared my own doubts, doubts relating to more personal reasons. After seven years of depression (and counting), I can't help but wonder "where is God?" She could sympathize with me, because she is coming to the point of realizing that she can't really just call it teenage angst anymore. I'd wondered if I saw it in her, despite the smiley mask she wears.

Friend, I am grateful for you and for the conversation we had tonight. I'll really miss you if you go.

... We all walk our own paths. My path is not your path; don't take me as a prediction of where you will be in a few years. There's hope for both of us. I'm just grateful for companionship along the way. Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment