Thursday, August 16, 2007

Invitation

You found me! Welcome to my blog! I'm glad to have you here!

Although FAQ lists are pretty lame, I can't resist the temptation to put one here. Sorry! Here's what I anticipate you are wondering:

Q: Why did you decide to start a blog?
A) I love reading the blogs of my friends. I love seeing what is going on beneath the surface in their lives and hearing what they are thinking. I started to think that maybe I should return that favor to any friends who are interested in my life. Also, there are some things that I want my friends to know but are really hard to bring up, and this is another avenue for me to be known (which is hard but important). And it's good for me to keep a record of my life and thoughts, and knowing that other people are seeing them will hopefully provide motivation for me to put the effort into getting thoughts into words often.

Q: Why didn't you tell us about it sooner?
A) I wanted to make sure that I would actually keep this going before I made it public. I didn't want to get anyone excited about a doomed project. At this point I think it will last - although going back to school in a few weeks could possibly throw a wrench into my hopes to post regularly... But here's hoping!

Q: What's with the title, aMacaria Jade?
A) Most of us know about my "relationship" with the Church Father Macarius (although we haven't talked much lately... me and Macarius, not me and you). Conversations about him and our fling made me realize what a beautiful name Macaria would be for a girl. When I was trying to name my blog, I couldn't think of anything else. In Greek, makarios means blessed or happy. But... I feel neither blessed nor happy, so I stuck an a- on the front, indicating negation. Amacaria on its own seemed a little bare, so I added Jade, referring to how I feel jaded, and combining to make a name that sounds beautiful and feels true to me. aMacaria Jade.

Other comments and considerations:
- Be warned, this is where I express that I'm not as happy as I seem. You'll see glimpses of what's really under the surface. Please be okay with that.
- A lot of what goes on in my life is inspired by other people, and I am trying to decide what to do about name dropping. What I will probably do is this: if you read this or are known by people who read this, I probably won't refer to you by name. I'll call you "Friend" or something, and then I will try to let you know that it is you (unless it is really obvious and I know you'll figure it out on your own). If I'm writing about someone who has no connections to this blog, I'll probably use their names for simplicity's sake and because it won't really matter. If you want to know who I am anonymously talking about, feel free to ask and I'll probably tell you.
- Posts won't always show up in chronological order. I often stretch the writing out over several days, especially when I am having a hard time making my thoughts clear, and some take longer than others. But the posts are generally dated according to when I start them, regardless of when they actually show up on the blog. Just so you know - the newest ones won't always appear on the top. Sorry!
- It turns out that there are lots of words out I don't know how to spell. (separate? regularily?) I often use too many commas. I like to start sentences with "And" or "But".
- I would love to know who my audience is, so please, if you can, let me know if you're reading my blog!

May God watch over us, and may goodness result.

2 comments:

  1. hi! i'll love you even when you typo!

    (welcome to the world outside the closet.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was really happy to see you at choir (& Orchestra) camp today and I'm also very glad that you trust me enough to let me read this. I find that I also use a lot of the grammatical errors that you profess to using, such as the use of commas and starting a sentence with a conjunction.

    I think we'll be perfectly fine in decifering each other's writing. I'm looking forward to getting to know you better through this.

    Love you!
    Danaya

    ReplyDelete