Monday, July 27, 2009

Today's Minutiae

I got a new cell phone ringtone recently: Walking in Memphis, by Lonestar. I don't know what it is about that song, but I really really like it. Hearing it almost tastes like good.

We got new toys for Benny today. (Benny's the barbeque. It's short for Albany, his model name.) He got a new BBQ lighter ('cause his igniter died), a stick-on tank gauge, and a chicken drumstick cooking rack. Woo hoo!

We also went shopping at M&M Meats today. The other day we were looking through the flyer, and there were so many things that looked so good that we just had to go there today and stock up. I'll just say that I'm glad I have a big freezer! I even signed up for the loyalty card.

So between Benny and M&M Meats, tonight we had stuffed potatoes and bacon wrapped Pac-Man turkey. (As well as being an amusing shape, it allows you to ensure that the turkey is cooked!)

And then the rest of the night was spent cleaning. My landlords are inspecting all the apartments over the next few days, and I generally (never!) keep my place inspection-worthy. Getting it to that point took a lot of hard work. But it hasn't been this clean in a long, long time. I have a bedroom floor again! And all the dishes are washed!

Cleaning time cut into sleeping time though. I have to work in 4 hrs and 39 mins. Mergh.

Update: The inspection turned out well enough, I guess - I was out all day and there was nothing to indicate otherwise when I got home. It's nice to have a clean place again. Even my bedroom is clean, and that hasn't happened in a long time! It's a lot of effort to make it that way, and it even feels like quite a bit of effort to keep it that way. I'm not sure how long I want to try to keep this up. Maybe I'll make a goal of a week, and see how I feel about it after that.

The chicken drumstick cooker didn't quite fulfill my hopes though. It fell over and caused lots of smoke that flooded through the window into my bedroom and set off the fire alarm (first time ever - it has a really funny sound!). And the chicken didn't even get cooked! Plus, it was impossibly hard to get clean afterwards. Hopefully it will work better next time, else Benny's new toy will have a short life.

No comments:

Post a Comment