Tuesday, April 7, 2009
Work Update
So my crosstraining in Payroll is finished. The month passed quickly, but at the same time if feels like I've been there forever. I really enjoyed it. I learned a lot, and my trainer told me that he he was really impressed with me and I've raised the bar for anyone else he trains. (I tend to like things I do well at.) I even survived the mornings! And I was on time more often than my trainer was! (Eventually we began starting at seven instead of six because he was having such a problem being on time.) Now that I'm done my training I'll be covering days off (Fridays and Saturdays) and vacations in payroll. And right now the other girl is on a leave (and has been for a few weeks - although my crosstraining was supposed to last for a month, I needed to pull my own weight after a week and a half) so I'll mostly be staying in payroll for a while. That's a good thing - after two days back in my home department, today I found myself saying that I just wanted to be back in payroll. In general although I like learning other things and doing a variety of jobs I hesitate to commit to any other department - but maybe that is changing!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment