♫
When I journal on paper, I illustrate song lyrics with a basic music note like this one. That hasn't worked for blogging because the fonts are pretty limited, but now that no longer stands in the way. Yay!
(To share the secret: Even if a particular character isn't available in blogging fonts, you can often cut-and-paste it in from somewhere else. It worked for Greek, and it works for music.)
=;=;=;=;=;=;=
In other news, starting tomorrow morning I am the cash trainer at work. The other person who was doing cash training fell from grace, and since I was the most recent to "rise to grace" (in a strange effort to make parallel statements), coupled with their idea that I don't have enough extra tasks, I now train our new cashiers. I'm nervous about this; If they don't turn out well, I will be to blame. Also, I don't think I am good at teaching or training. Previous attempts (in another department) found me saying dumb things like "This is the sprayer. It, uh... sprays." I am pretty well prepared for this though. I made up a little five page manual of almost everything they need to know, and I even made a map of the till keyboard! I hope it goes well. I was going to make muffins too, but we need to be there in eight hours so I think I'll sleep instead.
=;=;=;=;=;=;=
Let me tell you about my friend Benz. He's funny and he's provided some enjoyment in my life lately. He's a friend from work, and he's eighteen, and he's currently my favorite person to be out on buggies with because he's easy to talk to and laugh with. We make up buggy songs (like "It's turtle speed!" to the tune of the Chicken Dance), and when that gets annoyingly stuck in our heads I say, "Well, at least it's a beautiful day in the neighbourhood... for turtle speed!" which makes a strange medley no better than the one song by itself. I ask him about stuff going on in his life and occasionally tell him the reasons why I'm grumpy, and it's just nice to have someone I'm comfortable with.
Sadly, Benz is quitting. I oversaw his resignation form as soon as he handed it in, so at least I had ample warning. Then one day last week when I got to work he told me he had "bad" news - he was going to stick around for two more months. And I was so happy and I got my hopes all up. And then he told me it wasn't true and it was just a joke (yeah, he's funny like that). And then I pretty much cried. And then he felt bad, haha. But I was a little crazy to begin with last week. And now we bring this up every day or two and laugh.
Benz has been cashing a lot more lately, which makes him less available to come out for buggies with me. Today I requested him, but he was on till and he hadn't even had his break yet so I got Brydon instead. That was alright; he's possibly my second favorite. But as Brydon and I brought a load of buggies past the smoker's corner and up to the building we saw a familiar figure lighting up a cigarette, and we both said like four times "Benz doesn't smoke!" But he does today, because, as he explained, although this is rare for him, he was having a stressful day with a lot of rotten customers. And then I was kind of worried about Ben. Not because he was smoking, but because he was that stressed. So when my buggy time was over I went inside and volunteered to go out again IF I could have Benz as a partner. They said I didn't have to, someone else could go out, but I said I really wanted some quality time with Benz. To hear about his stress and to give him some time outside and to maybe say "I care" without so many words.
He told me the quirky story of one of his rotten customers later. He was using his hand scanner to scan this guy's meat because it wouldn't scan with the tabletop scanner, and the guy said, "Excuse me, can you stop doing that? You're getting all that radiation all over my perishables!" So Benz voided the meat off the order and then re-keyed it in manually, which satisfied the customer because he believed that taking the item off the receipt took the "radiation" out of his meat. I guess he's going to go home and eat it in the dark now to avoid more electromagnetic radiation. But I wonder how he gets around the fact that the cow ate grain that grew using the energy of the sun.
No comments:
Post a Comment