Thursday, January 1, 2009

New Year!

I made some New Years Resolution-y goals for this year:
1) buy some napkins from Ikea
2) read 5 of the books on Penguin's Best Books Ever Written list
That's it. I figure I can probably achieve that.
...Remembering last year's thoughts

A friend posted a series of pictures on her blog chronicling the year in her life. To look back, it seems bizarre to me that this year has included so much - that all these events happened in only the past twelve months. Crazy! I wonder what the view from a year from now will look like...

We went to see fireworks last night. Fireworks in the winter is a different experience than fireworks in the summer. Usually I hope they go on and on. This time I wanted them to be over as soon as possible. "Is this the last one? Please? My face is freezing off!"

3 comments:

  1. hsve you read any of the books on that list yet?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've read two of them (Mansfield Park and Anna Karenina), and there are about five others on my shelf that I've never gotten around to reading.

    ReplyDelete
  3. yeah but it was so much fun wasn't it? Im sorry I haven't been very present this month. I miss you.

    ReplyDelete