Monday, January 12, 2009

Flowers


Justin got me flowers! Aw!

I have slightly mixed feelings toward flowers. Of course, it's totally sweet and wonderful that he gave me flowers. I was surprised and it made me feel so special.

Flowers are a big deal to Katie. A huge deal. She's never received flowers from a guy before, ever. So she figures that the first guy who gives her flowers will be the one she ends up marrying. I don't feel the same way, but I think of her when I receive flowers. This is kind of a big deal. He didn't have to get me flowers, but he did. It means something.

I got a lot of flowers from my ex. He gave me flowers ALL THE TIME - it was his sweet goal to make sure I always had flowers, so when they died they'd soon be replaced. But... the more common something is, the less significance it has. And flowers kinda feel like something that characterized that relationship, something I'm not so comfortable with considering how that turned out. But I guess this is a chance to give it a new significance. Flowers are now a characteristic of this relationship too.

Thanks for the flowers, Justin.

No comments:

Post a Comment