Saturday, January 17, 2009

Bad Day

a. my car is overheating. Probably out of coolant, due to that leak. I tried to buy more last night, but CanTi was already closed by the time I got off work.
b. my computer won't shut itself off. Or shut off when I tell it to. It sat on the blue "windows is shutting down screen" for ten hours while I slept. And it felt like it was overheating when I manually powered it down this morning.
c. my new internet, that has been SUCH a hassle but finally got fixed, doesn't work again. It's a new problem this time - before the lights weren't all coming on on the modem, this time those lights are on but my computer isn't getting any info. I'm not impressed. I wonder if the tech support has gotten over their week-long "technical difficulties" yet and will answer their phone now. In the meantime, I'm back to stealing internet from the neighbour who doesn't use a password.
d. Telus calls me every freaking day to offer me home phone service. I don't want a home phone! All I want is my cell phone! And I really, really need them to stop calling. It's been weeks. I'm not going to change my mind. The last guy I talked to promised he would be the last one - but they've called again, twice, since. They're making me mad.
e. my flowers died a premature death.
f. I hit almost all red lights on the way to work.
g. I covered "the board" at work for the other girl's breaks and when she left. She's not good at handing it over - she didn't really explain anything about what was going on or where anyone was, and she hadn't made any notes. And I had too many other things coming at me to really be able to acquaint myself with it. And I had little support from other supervisors/managers. That made me really stressed. I found myself saying things like "I don't know who needs breaks because I can't get time to figure it out because I'm doing a hundred other things." It's not actually very helpful to say that; it just reveals my stress. Upon hearing this, Anson asked what he could do to help me out, and I shoved the board at him, whispered "can you take this for a minute" and ran off to the bathroom to cry.
h. one of my managers is solidifying his place in the useless club, and interactions with him are taking on a 'Dale' quality.
i. towards the end of the day our supervisor till broke. So we couldn't sign in to use it or to count it out or anything. To get the money out we had to find the key to open it up manually.
j. the computers at work went down today. Then they came back up after close, leaving us with a lot of catch-up to do. I guess saves me work tomorrow, but tonight it meant I pretty much closed alone because Anson was finishing up the audit. Some of the paperwork that should be pre-prepared wasn't, so I had to search all around for the information for it. I didn't get a last break and I was hungry.
k. tonight we stepped in a hidden puddle. It looked all solid, but no, it was liquid and ankle-deep. And my shoes are not waterproof, so then my socks were wet and I was kinda miserable.
l. the restaurant ran out of the appetizer we ordered, and then tried to charge us for it anyways.
Boo.

But...
x. Anson sorted some things out while I was crying in the bathroom. He noticed things I hadn't realized yet, and I don't know how he did so much in just a few minutes.
y. I won't have to worry about finishing today's audit tomorrow.
z. I had a really nice dinner with Justin tonight.

2 comments:

  1. I emailed Trevor about my bad day (I basically cut/pasted this whole post into an email since he doesn't have access to my blog), and he responded, "I have not had a day that bad in a long, long, long... probably ever." I feel so validated!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So to fix the telus thing call 4033101000 and press 1 for the privacy queue and 1 for english and when someone comes on the line tell them you would like to be added to the TELUS Do Not Call List. They will remove your name from all of their lists. I promise it works.

    ReplyDelete