Thursday, September 6, 2007

New Home

I got it! I got a new place to live! It's been pretty sure for a while, actually - they liked me when I went in to talk to them so they bumped me to the top of their list, and they had one available for me - but I have been afraid to get my hopes up, afraid something would go wrong. Anyway, today I went in and signed a lease and wrote out bazillions of dollars in postdated cheques, so I finally feel like I can say that it's mine, it's a sure thing. Yay!
It's an apartment, and I'll live there alone. There's more space than I had expected! All my stuff will probably fit! There's a bathtub and a stove. Woohoo! The stove is Harvest Gold, the carpet is a subdued mustard colour and the cabinets are dark woodgrain, and I was a bit disappointed when I saw the colours because I like living in places that are white and feel new, but it will be okay. My 20-year old multi-brown-coloured couch will feel right at home. And I will have a home. I have 20 boxes packed already.

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad for you!!! And I live in those colours a lot, but I do hear you on the white = new thing!

    ReplyDelete