Friday, September 21, 2007

In

So I moved this week! I now live in my new place. It's great.

Some friends came over to help me move, and that was such a blessing. And my brother came to town to help too and he brought his truck, and I loved that. It took three trips over the span of several hours. I think that the presence of friends made me feel encouraged and made the whole experience much more positive. Thanks, Friends! I appreciated your help so much!

I ran out of time to repack my books so my boxes would be lighter. But I carried the 47-pounder myself, and it didn't kill me! Woo hoo! I was so tired the next day, though.

I like being here. What I notice most is that it is quiet - my television isn't on because there's no one else to turn it on, and there's no one upstairs "sharing" their television and conversation. (Actually I hardly hear my neighbours at all!) So I can read and do homework undistracted anywhere in my place, and I can just sit and enjoy the silence. How wonderful!

I still have a lot of unpacking and some rearranging to do. I need to go buy some more bookshelves. :0) And I still need to go back and clean my old place, and get the last few things out. It'll be nice when that is all finished.

At work I still find myself unconsciously scoping out moving boxes. Then I remember that the moving is done and it feels good.

No comments:

Post a Comment