I made my lunch plans later so that I could sleep in longer and make the day shorter, finally getting up to answer the door after two rings, two knocks, and a glance at the guy outside holding something. (At my house we don't answer the door unless we are expecting someone.) It was a flower delivery guy, bringing me birthday flowers! Then I received a good phone call from a friend. Early afternoon I went out for lunch with a friend, and that was nice. Another friend called later in the afternoon, not even knowing it was my birthday, and we went out for coffee together. There were some moments of happiness and moments of sadness there, but it was a good way to use up time. I got home to a call from another friend that took up some of my evening, and I was satisfied to spend the rest of the night on the internet. (I started cataloguing my books - check out "My Bookshelf" under my Links!)
I guess I didn't have a birthday cake. Weird! I guess it's not the first time though, and not all that weird.
A whole birthday with no tears, no despair! Woo hoo! When your expectations are really low to begin with, you're probably going to exceed them! Maybe that's the way to go?

Friends, those who spent time with me either in person or on the phone, those who made that time tangible with a gift, thank you so much. Thanks for being available, thanks for considering me worth your time, thanks for considering yourself worth my birthday time. I need you in my life, and I am so grateful for you.
No comments:
Post a Comment