Vacation!
Two friends and I have been planning a vacation together. This has been months in the making - actually, I think we first brought it up about a year ago, and then actually started making it happen in February or so. We figured we'd go to Mexico - it was the most cost-effective option we found, we found a resort that enamored us, and it had a lot of things we were interested in (ruins, a reef, a spa, etc).
We were waiting to book our trip. My Mom (who is really good at going on vacation and also good at giving advice) suggested that if we waited the price would drop considerably, and that appealed to us. But lately international vacations, particularly to Mexico, have been very iffy. First there was the closure of Conquest vacation, and my Mom predicted that could happen to any one of the major tour companies. Then the H1N1 swine flu showed up in Mexico, essentially taking it off the list of good vacation options. We needed a new plan.
We got together and scoured the internet, trying to find something else that appealed to us, was in our price range, was hopefully all-inclusive, and didn't require several planes to get there. It was a discouraging adventure. We ended the evening with a possible (but difficult) plan that none of us were very comfortable with. "I just want to go to Mexico!" we all said. "That was so easy!" We decided to go talk to a travel agent.
I haven't considered travel agencies all that necessary; my opinion has been that I can do the same thing they do with my computer, so why bother paying them for the service? But we couldn't find any good options for ourselves. We needed help. We went to a travel agent in the mall, and although she was kinda busy and stressed, she stayed overtime to find us a really good option. So the vacation is back on track! Thanks Sylvia!
We're going to Cuba! Varadero! It's within our budget, and although it may not be everything that we were expecting from Mexico, I think we'll have a good time. Some sort of Caribbean vacation is better than no vacation at all. I can tell my friends are getting more excited about it the more they look into it. I was just glad we had something.
Friday, May 1, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment