"Does she have your phone number, Michelle?"
He's taking a message because she's not feeling well enough to come to the phone. And I'm wondering what our friendship looks like from that end if he has to ask this. Of course she has my phone number! She's supposed to be my best friend!
(I left my phone number again. She probably won't know that's because he asked for it; she'll probably think I think she doesn't have it. She'll possibly feel aghast at the situation too.)
------
"Goodbye! I love you!"
"Um... yeah. Bye!"
That was an awkward end to our phone conversation. Has she started some new I-don't-say-the-word-love thing? Or does she really not love me anymore? I can't think of any reasons... Funny, she's one that I've always trusted to care. I'm trying to believe that this is more about her than me.
======
"Michelle! I thought it might be you! I heard the phone ring, and I was in my room and I didn't want to get up and go get it, but then I thought, 'It might be Michelle,' so I did. And I'm glad I did!"
Thanks Friend. That was redemptive tonight. Thank you for valuing me and answering the phone.
Tuesday, December 30, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment