So the Dishwasher Maintenance Man showed up a little unexpectedly today. I was sleeping, and I was trying to ask my cousin why he was giving me a crock pot cookbook, and then there was some knocking on my door, and then I got up (still half asleep) to see what was going on, and it was the maintenance guy! And sadly I never got to find out about my cousin and the cookbook, because dreams aren't really the kind of thing you can go back to.It turns out that the problem with my dishwasher is that I don't use it enough, which manifested itself in a total lock up - not draining and not spraying and not doing anything but clicking occasionally. If it just sits there for too long, the parts stick together and then possibly break when you try to turn it on. Crazy! I thought it was to my virtue that I don't use my dishwasher all that much, that I don't make all that many dishes and sometimes I just hand wash them all, but it turns out to be detrimental. Huh.
I don't know what the maintenance guy did, but it sprays and drains... and leaks now. He lent me a towel to catch the leaks, and he'll talk to the apartment people about what they want to do about that. I guess it's an expensive fix. There will be some sort of sequel to my dishwasher saga.
It was nice to not be completely ignored on this matter. Maybe some of my faith in apartment maintenance and things improving has been restored.
No comments:
Post a Comment