Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Living Alone

I was thinking today that I really should take advantage of the free vaccination that the city is offering to young adults right now. 'Cause I live alone, and if I get sick there's no one to take care of me. (Haha, and then I found out that I was probably exposed to the measles yesterday. I'm hoping that vaccine is more effective than the one they're redoing right now!) In this context, I found myself realizing that I am the most alone person I know. Almost everyone else I could think of has either a roommate or family who would take care of them if they got really sick, but I don't. I mentioned this to a friend tonight, and he said he thinks I have friends who would come take care of me if I needed it, and maybe he's right, but it was still kind of an unsettling thought. I am the most alone person I know.

Not that I don't like living alone. I like it so much. But this is one context where it is lacking.

Community. Really being in each other's lives. Being there to meet each other's needs. ...

1 comment:

  1. Get the vaccine!!



    ~your paranoid hospital worker/music psychotic friend...

    and Mom said it's top priority because if they've got a vaccine for it, it's more than a little issue for our age group.

    ReplyDelete