Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Decking the Halls

Today I put up Christmas decorations! So my apartment is all festive and Christmassy. For the past few years I haven't even bothered decorating for Christmas. I'd almost forgotten what Christmas things I owned. I'm glad I did it this year though. I think not having time, energy, or heart to decorate for Christmas is an indication of unhealthiness.

My Christmas tree is three feet tall. I've never noticed before how miniature it really is - it has always suited me fine. But this year it seems really tiny. It doesn't seem to match the other decorations I've accumulated. ...Maybe I'm growing up, coming to the full-sized-Christmas-tree point of life. (But I'm still just going to hang on to my mini tree for a while longer, even though I can now see how small it is. It still does what it needs to - it still announces Christmas.)

Thanks Friend for coming over to help me decorate. I enjoyed your company.

Jesus, as my home attests to the season, may my heart do the same. May my heart recognize your Advent. As you were born into our world long ago, may you be born into my heart anew this Christmas.
come, lord jesus, be born in me
that I may be reborn in thee
i'll make a place for you to dwell
come into my heart, emmanuel

No comments:

Post a Comment