Today's conversation:
her: So, I feel awkward asking this... but... are you dating that guy from the meat department?
me: No, we're just friends.
her: Oh okay, it's just that I always see you guys talking.
me: I really enjoy our friendship, but I'm not looking for a relationship at all. Still, I can't help but wonder how much we can hang out before we're basically just dating...
It's that age old When Harry Met Sally question: Can men and women really just be friends, or does the pull towards a relationship always get in the way?
And what does dating even mean? Time spent together regularly? A DTR talk where you agree to the titles "boyfriend" and "girlfriend"? Plans of marriage and a future together?
My Mom says if you're not kissing, you're probably not dating. Okay.
It's a confusing world.
Friday, November 16, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Apparently in Quebec, you first start dating when you've first kissed. Just thought you'd like to know that ;)
ReplyDelete