Waiting. Silent.
Only the buzzing of the lights.
Angst.
Someone else enters.
Silent.
Except all his noises of existence and coffee.
Loud.
Waiting.
But I had an appointment!
Confession: I was late.
But less than a tenth as late as they are
so far.
Frustration?
A door opens down the hall.
Is it time?
I guess not.
Waiting too long
in a sub-par waiting room
doesn't promote my mental health
and doesn't promote the success of this meeting.
My companion gets called in.
His noises can no longer frustrate me,
but I feel passed by.
Does it say more or less about my wellbeing:
this is not the first
but the fifth
place I've flirted with tears today?
A family enters.
They talk and the kid's phone meows and he teaches his mom to play plants versus zombies.
They receive their summons too.
Fifty eight minutes.
I finally accost the next staff I see.
The verdict: "Late/Cancelled."
But, but - Only three minutes!
She's really never coming for me.
Eventually they suggest
that the appointment had originally been someone else's -
someone who cancelled.
That's why it was available for me.
But it was never assigned to me.
My name was never written down.
Seventy five minutes.
I leave in tears
and cry through the streets.
Ouch.
This took bravery,
and it was wasted.
For this I missed a friend,
and that was wasted.
And I'm running out of options
that haven't been tarnished.
Booooooooo!!!!
ReplyDeleteOuch! I'm sorry you had such a bad experience. I don't want to be nosy, but maybe I can help you find a place that has a nice waiting room and nice staff? You deserve better my friend!
ReplyDelete