- Don't only bring one style of sandals, because then when one pair gives you a blister, they are all going to rub and be uncomfortable.
- I'm not going to read as many books as I think I am.
- Don't even bother bringing the Spanish English dictionary. It's not going to get used. Same thing with the Spanish textbook.
- I packed long pants, a hoody, and a couple long sleeved t-shirts - and didn't wear any of them (except for on the plane). But I think I would bring them next time anyways, because you never know if it's going to get cool in the evenings. Plus, they're good for wrapping breakable souvenirs for the trip home.
- Although I mostly just wore tank tops, short sleeved shirts were handy to give my shoulders a break from the sun when they'd had a little too much.
- I brought a lot of dresses, and wore all of them. I'd do that again.
- I don't need as many bathing suits as I thought I would. I figured I'd want to wear a different one every day (because else it's a little bit like not changing your underwear), but some days I didn't put my bathing suit on at all (excursions, etc). When we were going to the beach I always wanted to wear the tops that were the best for tanning in, even if I had already worn them. Of the five tops and seven bottoms that I brought along, I wore three and five. Next time I don't need to bother bringing the old ones I don't like.
- I was glad that I brought chocolate along. Every day I wanted a mid-afternoon chocolate fix. And the granola bars I brought were handy for the days I missed breakfast.
- Think about tipping the waitresses with gifts, not just the maids.
- Two and a half excursion seemed like about the right amount for a week. It made a good balance between activity and rest - we didn't feel bored and we didn't feel too rushed.
- People keep asking me if I'd go back. Yes, I'd go back to Cuba. But I probably wouldn't go back to the resort we stayed at, though I'd probably return to Varadero. And I would probably go somewhere else (ie Mexico) next before going to Cuba again.
Tuesday, June 2, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment