Saturday, February 13, 2010

Chocolate Peanut Butter

It's a tragedy! It's terrible! It's just about the end of the world!


I ran out of chocolate peanut butter.

"What?" You ask. "What are you talking about? I've never even heard of this 'chocolate peanut butter' before! And really, is it that big of a deal?"

There are several reasons why this is a big deal to me:
1) I am being facetious. There are greater tragedies.
2) It's really good.
3) I can't find it anymore.

Kraft "Peanut Butter with Chocolate" spread on apple slices is the best snack ever. Ever. So good. It's more exciting than plain old peanut butter, even though it's not super chocolate-y. I guess that in theory it's kind of like Nutella, but I much prefer this. It's... more solid. None of that weird taste I notice in Nutella. More comforting. Nor does it have that strong salty taste of Reese's Peanut Butter Cups. It's mellow, and happiness-inducing.

I'm not surprised you haven't heard of it. It seems that no one has. (When I search Google Images it only comes up with 2 pictures of peanut-butter-with-chocolate on the whole Google-search-able internet, and both are on obscure Japanese blogs.) Additonally, I haven't seen it in stores in years - so many years that my jar actually expired several years ago. (But it's still good!) I couldn't get rid of it without being able to replace it. But now, alas, the jar is empty. And so is my cupboard, my stomach, and my heart.

I'll miss you, chocolate peanut butter. Eating apples just won't be the same.

1 comment:

  1. my deepest condolences on the loss of your beloved snack. i can only hope that you will heal quickly, and that soon you will be ready to love again.

    ReplyDelete