Life is a give and take. We aspire to be unselfish, but I can't give unless someone else is willing to take my gift. Similarily, by receiving something graciously, I am allowing the other person the opportunity to give, which is a gift in itself. Generosity requires a recipient, and receiving is as important as giving.
I hate it when I offer someone something ("Can I pick you up anything at Starbucks?") and they decline. I really want to be nice! But I can't if they won't let me. So I try to say yes when someone offers me something. If they didn't want me to accept, they wouldn't offer.
My friendships should be a place where my friends feel cared for and have an opportunity to express their interests, thoughts and feelings - and also a place where they have the opportunity to extend those things to me.
The necessity of both: "Which is more important, breathing in or breathing out?"
Saturday, January 23, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment