It's a delightful feeling, choosing a new book to read after finishing a previous one. I never plan my reading list in advance because I would find it oppressive and get demotivated. As a result, I am often faced with the pleasant choice of what to read now.
Do I want to read something easy, or challenging? Something new, or something I read once long ago, or maybe an old favorite I've read over and over. Should I continue with a series or take a break? Continue in the same genre or mood, or go for something completely different? Which books have I received as gifts and should thus read promptly so as to not offend the giver?
I put all these questions in the Magic Book Chooser Machine, pull the lever, and my hand reaches for Gourmet Rhapsody by Muriel Barbery.
Saturday, January 23, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I like this entry. It reminds me of the joy of reading that I kind of miss with all of my assigned reading at school.
ReplyDelete