Sometimes there aren't many words. Sometimes the best response is sitting with your hands clasped. That's hard to depict on a blog.Confession: I don't feel strongly about Remembrance Day. I don't have a lot of military influence in my life to make it significant for me. But just because I don't feel strongly doesn't mean I don't feel anything.
It helps to watch TV. To watch those to whom it means so much. Maybe he was in the war himself, and lost many comrades. Maybe her husband never came home.
I wear a poppy and spend a minute of solemn silence for them. For those who sacrificed - some their lives and some their loves.
It's the same for me. I like to watch the ceremonies in honor of those for whom it really means something. This rememberance day I watched the CBC brodcast and just lost it to tears when a mother who had lost her son in the Afghan war laid the wreath for the mothers of Canada.
ReplyDelete~Danaya