Friday, December 3, 2010

Christmas Cards

All the Christmas cards that I'm using this year have sparkles on them. Sparkles everywhere. Sparkles kinda scare me - I'm always sure that/afraid that I will get sparkles in my eyes. They're tricky things, those sparkles. They fall off your Christmas cards and stick to your fingers, then you rub your face, and then five hours later you glance at yourself in the mirror and see the sparkles creeping towards your eye lashes. I'm afraid that if they do get in my eyes, they'll scratch my eyeballs. Sparkles be gone!
Yeah, I know, this is a bizarre quirky phobia.

I find that my writing has gotten a lot worse over the years. It's messier, less controlled. I think I blame work, the word "utility" comes to mind, I often write quickly, and having the paper at awkward angles doesn't help. I don't like this trend... but it's hard to turn around. Maybe I need to spend some time slowing down.

I'm having a bit of a Christmas Card List dilemma. Where do I draw the line, especially with people at work? Do I just give cards to the people I really like, or do I give one to everyone I regularly interact with? There are people that I'm really not a fan of, but maybe giving them a Christmas card would be a vote for a better future between us. And I guess it's not really that hard to write a quick Christmas greeting - and being remembered could be so valuable to them. Hmm...

I'm leaving sparkles all over the Starbucks table. Beware your eyes, next coffeehouse guests!

No comments:

Post a Comment