I got an email from my ex-step-mom a couple weeks ago:
That sounds fine Michelle. Just call me tomorrow and leave a message on my phone as to where I can find my car.
Thanks Mom
We haven't talked in over a year, and despite its specific and unexplained subject matter, this email was very out-of-the-blue. I don't have her car, and I never called her "Mom." But there's a very easy explanation: her daughter is also named "Michelle," and she must have just sent her message to the wrong email address.
I responded:
I think you sent this email to the wrong Michelle. =)
Short and sweet. And I didn't ever hear back from her. I thought that she might send some sort of Oh, that's funny! By the way, how are you doing? I'd love to get back in touch! sort of response... but I got nothing. To be fair, I could have said all those things to her and I didn't. But I did put an encouraging smiley face. And she was the one who had said back then that she would always be my step-mom. I guess that wasn't true. And I guess it still hurts.
Wednesday, November 10, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment