I'm at the airport. I'm going on vacation, going to visit a friend.
My last-minute ride was half an hour late. A neighbour who noticed me sitting on the steps offered to drive me, and I was just taking him up on it when my friend pulled up. But I made it in time. I checked in online already, and I zipped through the baggage check.
I packed light! I fit all my stuff into my mini wheely luggage! ... and two carry-ons. But one of them just has my coat and shoes in it, and gives me more flexibility in case I come home with more than I go over there with. (Can "I packed light" and "I'm bringing four pairs of shoes" go in the same sentence? I guess that's two sentences, so the answer is no.)
I could barely find the food court! "I think the airport shrunk on me," I thought. But then it showed up.
I found a Starbucks, one I hadn't been to before, and got a London Fog. (And some madeleines!) Another one to add to the list! I took a picture of the Starbucks; maybe that's how I'll chronicle my trip.
The airport has free internet!
My flight leaves in 75 mins and boards in 45. I'm going to head across security in 15 mins or so - but first I need to finish my 'coffee.' Can't take liquids past security, and I know there is a Starbucks on the other side, but I also know I've been there before. That's no fun.
I bought a sub. Breakfast, lunch, and dinner in one?
This is a good moment - the moment of anticipation, waiting for something good to start. Waiting to get on an airplane and take off, and having a few minutes of leisure to enjoy this moment.
Friday, May 14, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment