The last time I got glasses was about six years ago, when my previous pair of glasses had been stolen along with my car. Lately I've been suspecting that my prescription has changed. I'm pretty sure that things are supposed to be clearer than the way I am seeing them, even with my glasses on. So I went to the eye doctor, got a new prescription, and got new glasses.
Yup, things are clearer now through these new glasses, when I wear them. The optometrist suggested that I wear them all the time, based on what my prescription has become. But I'm having a hard time with that. It's easier to just leave them in the car.
Getting new frames helped me appreciate my old glasses. I don't like these ones as much. They're okay - a fun subdued purple colour, an okay shape for my face it seems - but my other frames were smaller and they didn't seem to have anything comparable to that in stock right now. Sigh. And if only I could get the new online benefits system sorted out...
Still though, it is nice to be able to see well.
kristin introduced me to zennioptical.com. super cheap prescription glasses! and i find that i don't care as much about their being perfect when they cost so little! i got a black pair and a red pair for $22, including shipping. it's insanity.
ReplyDeletep.s. why didn't you get new lenses for your old frames?